The initiative to create an active parish day school dedicated to the spiritual, physical, and academic growth of children was first conceived nearly sixty years ago by The Rev. Robert T. Gibson, along with interested parents and parishioners of the Church of St. Clement. Founded in 1958, the school began with six faculty members, two kindergarten classes, and one section each of first, second, and third grades. Classes met in the basement of the church building.
Today the school offers research-based, active learning programs for three-year-olds through eighth graders, still grounded in our mission and devoted to “building a lasting foundation for the future” in all of our students. Though our facilities have expanded to several buildings, the school's identity is strongly tied to its traditions and programs. The School is continually shaped by its faithfulness to the Christian faith, academics, fine arts, athletics, outdoor education and service to the community.